Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Flying solo

I have spent the last 10 months living in wedded (mostly) bliss with my hub and our two boys here in Okie and the year we spent where I was a married single parent and he was a married bachelor seems to be in the distant past BUT as we approach another separation the memories of what it took to "run" it all alone has been creeping up behind me and ready to bite me in the butt. I was working, parenting and volunteering and all while I was parenting our boys and holding it all together while the hub pursued his career and made it possible to have the life we have today...AND it was some of the hardest months of my life and his and our kiddos.

So, here we are facing the potential for a long stretch apart and I am much more aware of my vulnerability here. Yikes. Scary prospect. I was sleeping alone last night as the hub was out of town taking care of his Dad and I left almost every light on in the house and woke up at every sound. Where's my Mom when I need her? :)

Yesterday was a long day of making it work and getting through the day. I guess that will be how we manage it...one day at a time, or maybe somedays just managing an hour at a time. As long as we get through it, that's all that matters, right?
So, if that means we eat cereal for dinner some nights or get pizza delivery once a week...then so be it! The perk of living here is that retail therapy is not a real option for coping with the distance, so that will help our bank accounts- LOL!!

I do get to sleep in the middle of the bed when I'm solo...there's a plus! Haha- love you CHRIS!

Blessings

BTW, New York and Company is having a HUGE sale...shop online www.nyandcompany.com
and Old Navy is selling cute cardigans for $15, shop www.oldnavy.com

No comments: