Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

God's hand might not always be where you think it should be...

I am conquered, defeated...beaten.  I lay in hospital bed flanked by nurses and a worried husband and amidst the pain that would not cease the words of Casting Crowns song "Praise You in this Storm" keeps running through my head- reminding me that God is with me in, around and through it all. 

As I begged for a cure, through tears and desperation - I kept thinking of that song. 

That is God's hand in my life.  Even when the devil could come in and take over - he has me praising Him through the pain, the tears, the worries.  HE is there!  I wanted to be cured - he reminded me that my job was not to beg for my own causes but to praise Him, no matter what. 

God is there, maybe not answering your prayers the ways you want them to be but that doesn't mean He isn't there- watch, listen, pay attention and then sit back and watch God's plan unfold. 

A good friend told me once not to pray for patience because then your patience will continue to be challenged - she recommended that I pray for understanding.  Good advice.  So, instead of praying for a cure, I pray for the strength it takes to praise Him in my storm.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers.
Deb