Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Where does teenage angst eminate from?  And what did we call emo kids when I was in high school?  Just putting that out there.

I see teenagers that can bear to smile and I wonder what is so bad about being 15?  Then I remember what it was to have braces and a weight problem at 15 and I know the answer.  Then again, I don't remember being unable to conjur up a smile. 

All this aside, I watched 4 teenagers get baptized last night - with smiles on their faces and joy in their hearts.  So, teenage angst isn't necessarily epidemic - good to know.  It was such a great gift to get to see these young people give their lives and hearts to Christ.  AMAZING.  I guess the answer to my question above could be that the angst eminates from a separation from God - so today I will take a minute and pray for our youth that HE can be the joy in their hearts - the smile on their face! :-)

Blessings.

No comments: