Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Christmas in July

Well, it sure doesn't feel like Christmas in July here...if it were Christmas I could cajole my children into believing that their behavior might have some influence on what dear ol' Santa might plop down under the tree, but to no avail...cause, it is July and it's not Christmas. SO, I am forced to put everyone on lock-down in separate corners as to not incite some sort of hysteria on my part. Did I mention its also raining, has been all day, so we can't just go outside and play...

School starts soon here, in fact, it starts when we're going to be traveling back to OK from home, sweet, home TN...A is starting kindergarden and I know that will be a tearful transition. Ohhh, but not for him...Mommy will have to say her first set of good-byes to her baby that will be the first in a long line, of this I am sure. I have heard that once your first goes to K, you start wanting to have a baby in the house again...if anyone hears me say that, please remind me of today. LOL!

I look forward to our soujourn home to TN, despite the work that must go into packing, car check-ups and such. I feel like I'm bringing about 4 days worth of food in snacks, but at this point, its just about keeping the kids calm enough to make it through as much of the trip as we can without screaming, whining, hissy-fits, melt-downs and whatever other sort of euphemism one could use to describe what happens after 12 hours in the car. I have downloaded books to my iPod and hope to listen to them as they watch various and asundry episodes of Scooby Doo and Batman, thank goodness for technology...all I ever had for car trips was MadLib books and playing cards. We survived nonetheless, didn't we?

Well, off to break up yet another quarrel, someone is crying. Ahhhh, life.

I'm out. Blessings and love to all.

No comments: