Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One the first day...

I'd like to say I got the idea of blogging on my own, as if somehow I had one of those "light bulb/A Ha!" moments, but I did not. After reading the blogs of friends, family, etc. I decided that this would be a good way to get out what was trapped inside my head while I linger here in OK wondering where the hub's job will take us next. Its a tad bit narcissistic, I'd say, to assume anyone out there really gives a darn what I have to say...Realistically, I don't really think anyone but the people that love me give a poo, but here I am. So, does this mean that I too join the ranks of the hoards of people so desperate for attention and edification that they resort to blogging anonimously? Do you see the irony there? Wanting attention but leaving it all anonimous? Hmmmm....

As I sit here typing away my two year old has climbed atop the arm of our sofa...hands on hips, Batman cape gently flapping in the breeze of the ceiling fan proclaiming loudly, " I am BATMAN!" I relish the creativity and imagination that still exists in my boys. I am hopeful that I will be able to somehow safeguard that sweetness, naivete and wonderment as long as I can.

I also sit here cooped up in the house, its over 100 degrees and today is the day they sound the tornado sirens...you know, just to make sure they still work.?! Try explaining that to a petrified child. Adding insult to injury we are daily forced to watch the windows rattle as the Army Ammunition plant miles away is exploding bombs underground, yes, we over 8 miles away can feel the rattle of the bomb go boom! So as the sirens ring, the bombs go off and J runs around being Batman I sometimes get lost in the menagerie of noises that is my life and long for some peace and quiet. That being said, I wouldn't trade this crazy house for anything!

Time to start another homeschool lesson: learning about money. If I teach him about money I do run the risk of him realizing that a quarter won't buy him squat! LOL, but its worth it to see him light up when he "gets" it.

I'm out...see ya! Blessings and Love to All!

No comments: