Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mediocre Minds

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
Albert Einstein

Wow, what a genius comment?! Mediocrity to me is the same as compromise but to be mediocre is almost pejorative; while compromise is just a euphemism for giving in. Why do we characterize two words that really do settle on the same meaning in such different ways?

I have spent the last few days in an uproar over battling with mediocre minds and I have come to the realization that the battle only exists in my mind because to a mind of mediocre settling and compromise there is nothing worth battling over.

Where did the spirit to encounter, fight for and conquer the world disappear to? It is just to un-PC to be that person anymore? Regardless, that is what I am teaching my children to me - GREAT MINDS that will fight for what they believe is truth in our world. I pray everyday that they have the strength to fight that violent opposition.

Genius or not, Einstein had it right years and years ago. Who will you be? What will the legacy of your life be?

No comments: