Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tickets, Pilates and Donuts

On the way to the dr I was pulled over...my little ride-along buddy in the back was saying "oh Mommy, you're going to JAIL" as he approached. He came to the window with sunglasses ON (it was 9:30, windy and cloudy), so you can kind of see where the "COP" attitude was gauging that morning. Officer Too-Big-For-My-Britches gave me a stern talking to like I was some sort of recalcitrent child...yeah, me in my glorified station wagon, listening to KLOVE, all buckled up...heck yeah, I am a REBEL. Ugh. Misuse of power, that is all I have to say. I did get a "warning" for something that I was completely unaware was a law in OK or any other place for that matter. I guess it was just my luck and I think it made the illustrious OFFICER make himself feel better, so at least there was some good that came of it...the silver lining, right? For us it is becoming a true test to see the silver lining it all that we face, but at the end of the day- GRATITUDE is so powerful, so here goes another check in the straining to have gratitude list. I am grateful that the officer that pulled me over got an ego boost by being able to give me a "warning" his chest puffed out and he strided just so.

So, the doctor gave me the sentence I was expecting, so no new news there. Essentially he told me that the fate of all of this back stuff lies in my ability to discern what I can and cannot tolerate in my daily life. Putting it plainly - what are you willing to put up with? Depends on when you ask! LOL On a Monday morning, tired, before my 2 cups of coffee...uhm, not much! HAHA. Seriously though, it is a wee bit depressing to think of what looms out there in my future. I have to get myself in fighting condition if I am going to be able to get through what will come...so here's to weight watchers and pilates being my means to getting my big ol butt going while decreasing the size of said hiney. Grateful lesson here- I can still walk, function and be present in the lives of my loved ones...albeit, not as much as I'd like but it is better to be THERE than not.

Pilates is all that I have heard it was and I shame myself for not considering it as a means to get some level of exercise until now. I have all but closed the door on exercise since my injury has deteriorated my physical ability to do almost anything...when giving the kids a bath feels like cardioaerobic activity, the rest of it seems almost impossible. However, just a few days in and I think this might be exactly what I need. Granted, I will never be lithe or sinuey but less chubby works for me at this point. Gratefully so, I was stretched out there with both kids doing their best to "workout with Mom" - motivation can come in many forms, can't it?

That being said---weight watchers and pilates aside...I got a donut this morning and a HUGE cup of coffee. Life isn't worth living if you don't take the time to appreciate all of it! Enjoy the day and do take one moment today to be in gratitude, you'll be surprised how much it improves your impression of the world and what it has to offer.


grate·ful   /ˈgreɪtfəl/ –adjective
1.warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; thankful

No comments: